Re: [IPk] minimed

Hi Pat,

It is Roche who have taken over Disetronic.

My first contact with Disetronic was back in late February of this year when
I was first thinking about a pump and wanted some background information.
Due to the requirements of the Trust I had to try Lantus before I could try
a pump, but from April onwards I was in quite regular contact with Deborah
at Disetronic as I considered my options. She was very good to deal with,
and always made clear what a pump will (and won't) do and emphasised the
responsibilities of the pumper clearly. On the few occasions she compared
pumps from different manufacturers she was very professional in never
"rubbishing" the "opposition's" pump.

My experience with Minimed was different. One of the things that
disappointed me was open criticism of the "opposition's" pump (some of which
I knew or discovered wasn't wholly accurate). I was also disappointed to
read the volume of concerns and bad experiences by contributors to this
website, much of which was basic customer relations problems.

When I took the big step to go on a pump, my wife and I were delighted with
Deborah's training and support. The training was pitched at just the right
level and at the right speed. We never felt we couldn't ask her to go over
something in more detail and, on the second day, it was good to go back over
some ground we had covered on Day 1 again. The daily support afterwards was
all we could ask for, and the support since, when we've needed it, has been
excellent.

In short, no complaints at all. I can't recommend Disetronic (and Deborah)
highly enough.

Graham