Re: [IPk] Pump funding

On 30 Sep 2003 at 10:00, email @ redacted wrote:

> Congratulations Jos.  Where are you.  We are currently in an
> on-going battle with Gwent Health Authority (?) to get
> funding for our son's pump.

We are in Norfolk. I wrote to Emily's consultant requesting
a pump at the beginning of July. Dr Thalange wrote to the
Trust Drug & Therapeutics Committee to seek approval for
funding at the beginning of August (he was on holiday for
two weeks after I wrote to him). We heard on the 11th
September that the Committee had supported our request and
that it had been passed to the Regional Prescribing Adviser
who has just agreed to fund. I've no idea how long it's
going to take now. At least our clinic has one pump user
already so I'm hoping it will be weeks rather than months.
Good luck with your pump funding.

Best wishes,
Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
Novorapid x 4, Glargine x 1 - future pumper,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.