Re: [IPk] Pump funding

Hi Jane

We seem to be in the same boat as you, our son Ryan has had the go ahead for
a pump sine June, he fits in with the NICE guidelines, his consultant has said
yes...even the PCT (Warrington) have said they will not refuse our
 application but we seem to have come to a standstill. When I ask the DSN she
says they
are waiting to meet the pump companies to make a decision as to which company
we should go to but....The meeting is supposed to be tomorrow but I've not
 heard anything & our DSN has been on hols. We're at clinic 8th Oct so I'm going
try and pin them down then.

By the way we were told our PCT needed a letter from the consultant (& no one
else) recommending a pump but I don't know any further than that.

I was hoping Ryan would have his pump by christmas (and still am)

Maybe someone who has been through the process can shed some light on the

Denise mum to Ryan age 7 dxd @ 9 months old 6 units Lantus + NR