Re: [IPk] Pump funding

Congratulations Jos.  Where are you.  We are currently in an on-going battle
with Gwent Health Authority (?) to get funding for our son's pump.  The
 consultant has said that he fits the NICE guidelines and criteria, apparently
the
pharmacy at the hospital has the funds available, the consultant wants him to
have one asap, but nobody seems to know who should give the go ahead and where
 the funding will come from ultimately. This has now been on-going since June -
with committee meetings constantly being postponed when the decisions could
 have been made. Are we being too optimistic with our timescales do you think.
We are now thinking that if Rob has a pump by Christmas holidays we will be
pleased.  What do you think.

Jane