Re: [IPk] BG machines

I phoned lifescan and the ones who make accuchek meters and they BOTH sent
me a meter. Just phone to say you are enquiring about a meter and they will
send you one, The accuchek one was sent because I was trying to buy their
softclix finger pricker which they don't sell separately. It makes you
think, neakiy 25 yrs ago we bought my first meter which was>#100 and the
strips weren't on prescription and now they give the machines away!. I have
been tol the electronics are very simple so they don't cost much to make now
although the manufacturers say they make a loss by giving them away. The
hospital get the machines free from the reps as I used to get new ones  the
DSNs for the pregnant mums