Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #508 General Health Checks

Hi John

I know there is one mob in the US who will send you a kit something like
you've described and send the results to your doctor. I am not sure if it
available outside of the US, but may be worth contacting. Their website is
at http://www.diabetestechnologies.com/ I do realise you no longer seem to
need this, but thought I would mention it anyway :)

That same company make an A1c test for use at home, which is marketed under
SpectRx's name and is called (originally) "SimpleChoice. A1c". I know this
is available through a number of online pahramacies who will ship
internationally, and costs about $US20 (and is considered more accurate
than the other 3 A1c test kits for home use that are currently on the
market). One of those pharmacies is http://www.diabeticexpress.com/ and a
second is http://www.diabeticpromotions.com/ I have used SpectRx's Simple
Choice reservoirs for Minimed 506, 507 and 508 pumps and can vouch for that
particular product, but have no feedback or knowledge of this one.