Re: [IPk] Late night disaster

Oh, life's too complex...

Went back to Lucerne today for an afternoon performance. By train this
time. Except my passport was still missing (although I did have a photocopy
of the key page on the inside back cover, which I found in a filing
cabinet) and I couldn't find my railcard either (also appeared to be
missing). So had to pay full price for the rail ticket, which eats into my
profits. Passport wasn't checked at the border (the Swiss seem to have a
policy of checking only people who are not white. Horribly racist, but I
guess they know what they're doing.) Got safely to the theatre. Keys,
glucose meter, finger pricker, small change. All there. Phew. Passport &
railcard - missing. Struth. Made enquiries with the authorities at the
theatre. No - nothing had been found. Made return journey by train with the
return half of a ticket I'd not used a few weeks ago (after a friend from
Freiburg turned up for the show by car and gave me a lift back afterwards).
Except the ticket had been bought with a railcard and I had lost mine...
Anyhow, Swiss guards didn't ask for the railcard, passport wasn't checked
at the border, and the German guard remarkably accepted my plea that I had
just lost the card in Switzerland and would report it when I got home. Got
home and my wife rang in to get an update on what I'd found/not found (she
gets back tomorrow night). She suggested I just check the flat once more
for passport/railcard. Put the phone down. There they were under a pile of
papers on the dining room table. Oh the shame of it! But the relief that I
had recovered all my important bits and pieces.

I'm left pondering if this extraordinary forgetfulness is related in any
way to the chemotherapy course which I completed a week ago. Maybe I shall
never know. But at least I now have two identical blood glucose meters :-)

mailto:email @ redacted