[IPk] minimed

hmmmm. I'm confused. I was thinking about getting a paradigm pump as these
are waterproof (or at least so I though!). I've just tried the UK minimed
site which I now can't get anywhere on. I can get info on diabetes and pump
therapy but not product info which now appears to be accessible only to
health care professionals. Technically I am a health care professional (but
don't have easy access to a fax machine to prove my status!), but I don't
quite understand the need to bar patients from product info especially as
most of us are paying for the products. More worryingly, the american site
which does have product info on it now says that both the 508 and paradigm
have the same water resistance - they're ok for 'accidental dunking or
splashing' but they advise disconnecting for swimming. I thought that one of
the main advantages of the paradigm was waterproofness. It is also
advertised as the 'new paradigm 512' - is this the one that is available
here? It also comes with a BG meter - does that happen here and are the
strips available on the NHS? Anyone else found this a problem (or am i just
incompentent at using their website?!)? I'll try calling Minimed again, but
usually whoever I need to speak to isn't there and my calls never get
<end of rant>
DM7y 508 9m