[IPk] Spare meter (was Late night disaster)

I keep a spare meter which is the same as my usual one, so "spare" strips
never go out of date.  In fact, I alternate my two FreeStyle meters, using
each one for a month.  This means that both are complete with batteries,
those batteries won't leak because they only sit around for a month, and
both meters are set up with time and date etc.  Each new month I just
calibrate to the test strip bottle and go.  Each kit has a lancing device
too, so that's not a problem.

Slightly tenuous link, but hope this helps someone!

Best wishes

IDDM 35 years, pumping 1 year (my first anniversary slipped by on Wednesday
without celebration...)