Re: [IPk] Late night disaster

Hi John
Gosh, that sounds like a real nightmare. Glad everything was OK in the
end at least! One thing you might consider is to have some visually
readable strips in the house, just in case of meter emergencies. I found
this invaluable when my meter got stolen in Italy some years ago(one of
those old Medisense ones that looked like a nice pen - bet the guy who
stole it got a shock when he realised he couldn't write with it!!!).
In the event of no finger pricker, if you're out and about and don't
carry spare lancets (as I don't), a syringe makes a good alternative to
a finger pricker (I always carry a spare syringe).
Hope you manage to recover all your stuff....
I think I would have woken someone else in the apartment up!!!