Re: [IPk] HbA1c backtrack

In message <email @ redacted>, Ingrid Morrow
<email @ redacted> writes
>I have also heard too that the more recent bgs (last couple of weeks vs 3
>months ago) have a greater impact than older ones....
>All very confusing,
I have assumed that more recent bgs have more impact because the red
blood cells do not die on a straight line curve (i.e. if you had a 100
cells today, and 50 of those were replaced in a four week period, you
would expect 75 of the original 100, and 25 replacements to be there at
the end of the first two weeks.

This means that of the 100 cells alive today, a lot of them were created
in the last few weeks, and thus have only the memory of the last few
weeks, or days.  There _are_ some cells which have been around for
longer (when your bgs were better, or worse), but their 'vote' doesn't
count for much.

Is this right?

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, didn't get as far as o level biology....)
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)