Re: [IPk] Wild BGs

In message <email @ redacted>, Steve Hargreaves
<email @ redacted> writes
>Now, however, after only 2 days of increasing the lantus by just 2 units (the
 >nurse suggested 4 but my own experience suggests differently), I'm starting
>day with BGs in low teens, and hypo after tea.

When are you taking Lantus?  Since for some people, it doesn't last 24
hrs, injecting when you go hypo would be better.  If it lasts for longer
than 24 hours, can you inject it very early in the morning, or last
thing at night, so you get the double dose as close as possible to the
time when you go high?

You could also reduce down your tea time bolus, allowing some of the
evening meal to be covered by the lantus rather than the short acting
insulin (but this, of course, will mean you are fixed to tea times,
which may not be possible.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 2+, not a doctor - run the idea you like past your nurse:
perhaps she'll get fed up with not being able to fix your regime, too,
so it works, and be persuaded that you need a pump!

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)