Re: [IPk] HbA1c backtrack

>I have also heard too that the more recent bgs (last couple of weeks vs 3
>months ago) have a greater impact than older ones....

A few years back, a chap I know in the US was being screened for inclusion
in the Diabetes Control and Complication Trials (DCCT). It was found that
his haemoglobin had a somewhat short life, so the HbA1c test simply did not
work for him, and he was excluded from the trial...

And apparently two people can have the same BG levels, but different
HbA1cs. Make of that what you will.

And different hospitals can do the test in different ways, and get
different results from the same blood sample.

At the end of the day its your diabetes, and your own HbA1c result that counts.

mailto:email @ redacted