Re: [IPk] strange rash

Hi Nanette, I too have a similar rash which initially my Gp treated as
cellulitis ie with antibiotics. it was very sore and tender to touch. The
antibiotics helped but my lower legs are mostly red now and as you describe
change from pink to red but never goes. I showed it to my consultant once
vut he was not particularly interested and did not think it was DM related.
I have severe oedema in both legs (worse in my left) which is supposedly due
to neuropathy . I think I may ask for a dermatological referral just to
confirm why it never really goes as I have just completed another course of
antibiotics which have not been as efficient. Sorry its not much help. There
was an article on Medscape ages ago about a skin condition which was
diabetes related and I thought was similar but I cannot remember what it was
called.
Carmel
Type 1 44yrs Minimed 508 almost 3