Re: [IPk] Carpal tunnel syndrome

That's interesting - and strange how it differs country to country! Here in
Aust, when i was dx'ed with it (first by my endo, then confirmed by a
surgeon), back in 1996, they both mentioned the higher incidence in diabetics.

Some good background pages for reference (which also mention dm in passing):

http://www.healthyroads.com/mylibrary/data/ash_ref/htm/art_carpaltunnelsyndrome.asp
http://www.orthop.washington.edu/hand_wrist/carpaltunnel/print
http://www.emedicine.com/pmr/topic21.htm
http://www.garynull.com/Documents/Arthritis/carpal_tunnel_syndrome.htm

FYI Melissa, in a discussion about neuropathy in July this year, Vinik
mentions CTS as being a form of peripheral neuropathy in that it is an
"entrapment neuropathy". The article is readable here:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/458386

Tori

http://www.hypostasis.info