Re: [IPk] Humalog v. Novorapid (YMMV)

Fair question. Profiled testing (every 5 minutes for 90-120 minutes, hence
the bruised and battered fingers) every 6 -9 months is how I know that
about me :) I've done that over the years both using MDI and pumping. I do
it less often while pumping, admittedly, but for example when I tried
Novolog/rapid in the pump, I kept basal "normal" (for me) which for the
week preceding had kept BG stable within 0.3 mmol for the corresponding
time period using Humalog, and did 5 min testing for two hours in the
morning, and then again in the afternoon to confirm. At the ten minute
mark, the BG starts to move with Novorapid for me; with Humalog it doesn't
move till I hit the 30 minute mark for me. I'm not suggesting this is the
same in either case for anyone other than me, but just highlighting that we
all respond differently - and not necessarily as we are "supposed to". I've
also had a day or two where I chose to inject rather than pump, and found
similar results in activity, peak etc - although I do notice a far longer
effect with Novolog/rapid in me than with Humalog (around 6 hours as
compared with around 4).

Not sure I've phrased this very well. Makes sense to me, but, well, I'm a
bit strange (as my children keep informing me!).