[IPk] Clinic & pump progress

We went for a joint clinic visit yesterday. Emily's HbA1c
was down slightly at 7% from 7.3% and Robert's was 5.9%,
down from 7.6%. Robert's previous reading would have
included some pre-diagnosis period (it was 9% at
diagnosis). I've just looked back through Emily's records
and her Hba1c was 5.9% 16 months after diagnosis and rose
by 0.1 - 0.3% each time since so I'm hoping that's Robert's
honeymoon periods lasts as long.

We have had good news about Emily's pump request though we
are not there yet. Emily's consultant supported our request
and forwarded it to the  Trust's Drug & Therapeutics
Committee to seek their approval. They have now given their
approval and it's gone to the Regional Prescribing
Adviser for final approval. Dr Thalange says that they
normally take the advice of the D & T committee though it
could take a few weeks before we hear anything.

Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
Novorapid x 4, Glargine x 1 - pump requested,
Robert aged 13 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 8.