RE: [IPk] What to wear, and where's Mary!

 Paul, send my best wishes to Mary. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. I don't
have D myself, but my
nine year old daughter does.

 My mother had a cataract ops 2 years ago and last year had a problem with a
detached retina. My mother
 had obviously had this problem for a couple of weeks before she decided that
she ought to see someone
 about the dark patches that were interfering with her vision. She had an op for
the detached retina a
 few days later. After the op she also had to rest and take it easy for a while.
Sometimes you have to
 remain in the same position for some while and cant bend down. It depends
exactly where in the eye the
 retina has become detached from. My mum was 78 years old and I am pleased to
say that the op worked
 fine. Though she did have to remain still for a frustratingly long time and
could not read very well or
 go shopping. Mum mother does not have the added complication of diabetes, so
her condition is really age

Let us know how things go and tell her that we are all thinking of her.

Jackie Jacombs mum of Sasha aged 9 with diabetes and coeliac