Re: [IPk] what to wear??

>as a diabetic pumper that is female i find it so hard to find any clothes
>that conceal my pump, i get very self conscious. what should i do? i'm
>thinking of opening a website about it with ideas and stuff, if anyone
>thinks this is a good idea please tell me.....

I've got a female friend here in Freiburg who uses a pump, and she wears it
outside, on a belt, in full display to the world. Forgive me sounding
fussy, but I personally find that an odd thing to do. But each to his/her
own I suppose.

I myself always keep my pump in my trouser pocket. But then I'm a bloke so
I'm usually wearing trousers with pockets. I cut a small hole high up in
the lining of the pocket through which I thread the tubing. This means that
no tubing is visible, ever. And in the depths of winter there is no risk of
insulin freezing.

I work in the theatre, and I can often be on stage wearing odd costumes,
and in these situations I sometimes put the pump in my underpants.

That was just a few idle thoughts...

mailto:email @ redacted