Re: [IPk] Re: What to wear?

A pump can be hidden in virtually any pair of trousers, if you use long
length cannulas: it 'hides' inside socks or clips to the outside of high
boots ....

Dresses, skirts and trousers with pockets are easy, too: make a hole in
the pocket lining, and pass the cannula through.

For swimming, two-pieces are most convenient, and the 'tankini' is there
for people like me who don't like to wear bikinis.

The main problem is with dresses without pockets for women who are B cup
or smaller - there simply is no where to 'hide' a pump - the best place
I've found is down the front of my knickers (if the cut of the dress
allows this, this is the best place), or with a very high 'thigh thing'
(garter-belt with pocket) which holds the pump in the hollow of the
thigh.  The only problem with this is one has to use a remote, and I'd
gladly throw mine away.  The 508 remote has two major drawbacks.  First,
it can only deliver half-unit boluses, or stop the pump.  It cannot give
square or dual wave, or 1/10 unit boluses - some of the great features
of the pump!  Further, it is only an audio bolus: push a button, listen
for a beep to let you know that it's made radio contact, push button to
programme the dose, listen to it beep the dose back at you, and push the
'go' button .... all great in theory, but at anything above a funereal
hush, inaudible, especially as you have to hold the remote within inches
of the pump - which, in my case, means bending double and trying to
listen to my lower stomach.  Sometimes I think hoikiing my skirt up to
do a manual bolus would be less noticeable!  It's also very difficult to
bend over to listen while seated....

Invariably, I find myself going to the loo to bolus when I wear a dress.

There is also the opportunity to put the pump in something other than
the manufacturer's cases - I commissioned a leather worker to make me
one with an Anglian decoration (sort of like 'Celtic' but English) which
is not as formal as the black leather everyday case.  I've tried the
pump in a mobile phone case like a little pink sheep which my friend
said was sold by Oxfam (I think).  It was cute ...

I guess that most of us come to wear the pump like we wear anything
else: sometimes on show, sometimes not, and in whatever way we like,
complies with safety regulations, etc.

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, still wondering if she should get the little pink sheep

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)