[IPk] Re: travel

Dear All,
My wife, my pump and I are flying off to the far east this weekend. I am
doing a lecture tour involving Hong Kong, mainland China (Shanghai, Hangzhou
and Nanjing) and finally Singapore. As usual I plan to say nothing about
pump/diabetes (this is not Easyjet!) unless asked. Difference now is that
following Melissa's profound words, I shall view each question - if any - as
a "teaching moment". Does anyone have any particular thoughts about this
part of the world in terms of pumps & diabetes? If anyone else wants to
comment on great Bars, terrific restaurants & places to visit I will be
equally, if not more, grateful!
Second thought - my wife (not a diabetic and thinks mine is a mere
inconvenience) is a very nervous flyer. 12 hours to Hong Kong is very
daunting for her. The Rescue drops have proved useless in the past and her
Doctor only want to prescribe things like Valium which my wife is very
unwilling to take. Apart from the obvious joint of grass (not acceptable in
BA business class) does anyone have a "magic" solution?

Ian grant