[IPk] Curries and hypo rebounds

Hi Fiona
Glad you got it right for the curry. I find them one of the trickiest meals to
deal with.

As for the hypo correction, something very similar happened to me last night.
BG 7.1, had a slice of toast, turned my pump off and went for a 30 minute
run. About 10 mins after I got back I realised my BG was very low (hadn't
noticed during the run). Didn't test but it was a really bad low. I treated
the low and then had dinner. It took about an hour for my BG to rise. I
bolused for the dinner only when I knew I was no longer low. 3 hours later I
tested again and found myself at 23 mmol/l!!! Serious rebound there!!! I took
4.5 units insulin and went to bed. Woke up this morning at 13 mmol/l. Of
course, I should have checked again sooner than 3 hours later and corrected
the rebound earlier, but I was engrossed in a webcam conversation with my
boyfriend and forgot!!!
PS We're all still learning.... Even though I've had DM for nearly 25 years
and been on a pump for nearly 5 years, new things constantly surprise me!