[IPk] Medscape Clinical review of pump therapy

Things are looking up! Following Melissa's article, there is now a  review
of the history, the present and the future of insulin pumps in Medscape.

At last the professionals are starting to take notice.

I am still ploughing through it (all 10 pages) but it seems to be the best
examination of CSII that I've seen for many a year.

The problem of DKA is examined and found that rates of DKA to actually be
less with pumps than with MDI, although the difference was not significant.
(7.2 vs 14.5 events per 100 patient years).

All in all, I think that this article will do more to help our fight to get
pump therapy accepted, than any other review I have read.

Well done Medscape.

John Davis