[IPk] School Problems

Hi Kayleigh,
I think it is wonderful that you feel you have the resources and self
discipline to teach Libby at home. My boys would have had lots of fun but I
know what I am like, there would have been a lot of procrastination on my
part and very little formal education!!!  Are you home educating for the
right reason? Nowadays schools are too frightened to take on extra
responsibilities for fear of being sued, and at the end of the day Libby
will be responsible for her own Diabetes care eventually.
If you do decide to home educate would you consider publicising the reason
why? Diabetes is supposedly more common now and children will meet
increasing numbers of diabetic people in their lives what example is this to
set Libby's peers? . What would happen to other parents in your predicament
who have not the commitment or resources to home educate? I think the least
that can be done is to let the world know how ridiculous the school is being
. Good luck with all your meetings etc  Hope it all works out well Carmel
Type 1 since aged 3 did not meet another diabetic until I started nursing
in1978 ! (apart from my brother who was diagnosed 10years later at the age
of 10!)