Re: [IPk] IQ and complications, was Can't get the hang of eating out

Wow John!

How many people have you offended here? Me. for one!

I've had my "IQ" (which is a kinda pointless measurement anyway) done *many
times* since I was diagnosed at age 4, almost 35 years ago, and I've always
come in at between 120 and 161 (and yep, these were the full-on 2-hour or
more tests, not your basic "buy a book and check it" or online tests).

So I have complications after this duration cos I'm stupid??? Or could it
just *possibly* be that I was not educated in diabetes management (or that
such knowledge wasn't available) at critical times, or chose to ignore the
information (no reflection on intelligence on that one at all! Intelligence
and "will" are VERY different things, particularly to a teenager), or that
my genetic build isn't great?

I can also tell you one of the most clever (IQ-wise) people I have ever
known was also a heroin addict. She happened to be my sister, and died at
age 42, 2 years ago. Drug addiction and "intelligence" are not rare
bedfellows - drug addiction and escape are.

Wow, I am so shocked you would make such a statement... I think appalled is
a better word actually.

The Stupid Aussie (dm almost 35 yrs, pumping 25yrs, retinopathy and some
kidney dysfunction)