[IPk] Can't get the hang of eating out

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling slightly as I went out for a meal on Saturday night and found
my BG's were really high when I got home (thankfully I don't go for meals very

BG's were fine up until the meal.  Pre-meal I was 4.8 and because the meal was
delayed I had 3 glucose tablets.  My meal arrived prawn coctail, steak,
broccoli and about 20 thick cut chips, and then I had a rich chocolate tart.
I estimated that the carbs were approx. 70g and bolused 3 units when main meal
came and another 4 units when desert arrived (I can't get hang of dual wave
bolus yet).

When I got home my BG was 17.1 so I correction bolused 4 units thinking that I
should come down to about 9mmol.  When I woke up at 6am next morning I was

Am I counting carbs wrong?  Whatever the reason I was quite high for most of
Sunday despite correction boluses.  Thankfully today I am back to normal.

Can anyone help me on this?