Re: [IPk] RE: How many tests per day

Hi Rhoda
I think that much more so than with type I, type II diabetes really affects
people in a much wider range of ways. There are a lot of type IIs out there
who are more like type Is in that their BG levels vary a lot, and they really
need to keep a very close eye on them, test frequently, and rally monitor
their food intake carefully. However, there are definitely some type IIs out
there who can get away with very little testing, and can maintain very good
BG levels without doing very much at all apart from taking the tablets or
whatever. I don't know if it's a majority - I suspect not - but it seems that
this is the view that - sadly - most people have of type II diabetes,
including many medical professionals. For this type of person, it might well
be sufficient to test so infrequently. But as with everything related to
diabetes, you can't generalise, and I agree with you that Professor whatever
his name was is wrong in this respect. And it's nothing to do with whether
people are on d&e, tablets or insulin. Just the way some people are.