RE: [IPk] RE: How many tests per day

My problem remains, Melissa.

I started on orals and without testing about 3 - 5 times a day I would not
have discovered so early that the "pills", diet and exercise were not
controlling my diabetes.

I repeatedly hear at the Diabetic Clinic and from my GP how so few type 2s
test.  But how many are encouraged not to by theories such as this?

Interestingly a lot of DMers I have met at the DM clinic over the years with
serious complications are Type 2s on pills or very, very belatedly,
insulin - often of the pre-mixed variety and only bd!

As you say, Melissa, probably far more Type 2s should be on insulin.

I am angry, not at you, but at the way so many Type 2s are encouraged to
think that their disease is not serious as compared with Type 1.

Either form of this darn disease is a bitch!

I only wish that the beta cell dysfunction research finding would be
trumpeted loud and clear so that even busy docs can read, understand, absorb
and implement into their practice.  Guess I'm just mightily frustrated at
having had to fight my way through the system for so long like so many
others of us on this list, including medics!

BTW Melissa, I really shouldn't read and respond to emails at some unearthly
hour.  Trouble is that is what I do when I can't sleep and ISP access is
free.  Comes of being a Scot!