Re: [IPk] RE: How many tests per day

>Glad to see I'm not going mad. Thanks everyone for the replies.  The GP had
>actually got me believing I was doing something wrong by testing as much.  I
>should really know better that that.
>I've written to my consultant and asked him to "educate" my GP :-)

Hi Nick -

Sorry to come in late on this one, but yes - the problem is that the
"rules" your GP has are aimed at Type 1's on injection therapy. Insulin
pump therapy is entirely different, in that you manage your BG "on the fly"
with correction boluses before each meal. If you haven't checked your BG,
you can't do it :-)

I test about 7 times a day I guess. My results are automatically archived
at http://www.webshowcase.net/diabetes/archive/ which my doctor can look at
any time he wants. According to the web log, the page does get a lot of
hits. Whether it's real people looking at my BG results, or just indexing
robots that trawl the web the whole day, I don't know...

mailto:email @ redacted