Re: [IPk] School prob

On 7 Sep 2003 at 14:11, Kayleigh Grace wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for our advice, we have calmed down
> a bit now and are thinking about things logically, we
> will just have to wait and see what the authorities have
> to say and how the school can meet us half way.  If not
> we will take Libby out of school.  Anyone else teach
> their kids at home?

Hi Kayleigh,

We home educate our three children. We were already doing
this when Emily was diagnosed 4 years ago and, after
reading the experiences of some with schools, I'm glad we
do, it's one less thing to worry about. I have a web page
with some information about home education in the UK along
with links to lots more,

There is a good chance that you live near an active group.
Home educator groups usually organise trips between
themselves and often have regular meetings for workshops or
just for play. Education Otherwise is a useful starting
point if you want to find local home educators -

Just ask if you want to know more.

Best wishes,

Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
Novorapid x 4, Glargine x 1 - pump requested,
Robert aged 12 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 7.