Re: [IPk] driving

I am an iddm on the pump for a year iddm for 5years I work as a paramedic the
issue for driving with diabetes is very important to me as this would affect
my whole life if i lost my license.

I beleive the key to diabetes and driving is to constantley measure your bm I
do mine at least 8 times a day and keep carbyhrdrate readily available in my
job i come across people with diabetes in hypos and in almost 99% of cases
 people are not measuring their blood sugar some of the patients i have dealt
did not even have a meter some measure once a day others not at all.
if we are to keep our driving license and fight issues relating to driving
 and diabetes then we have to take it into our hands i have fought for four
to get my job back as a paramedic moving from  one part of the country to
another discrimination is a daily problem with diabetes I beleive if you take
control of your conditon you can achieve anything.

steve w