Re: [IPk] Funding the UK NHS

I couldn't agree more!

 Many thanks to everyone who responded to my recent question about funding and
procedures for obtaining consumables. Since May I have had several telephone
conversations with the PA of the Chief Executive of our PCT, as well as the
Director of Commissioning. Both were very sympathetic to our case, but the real
problem appears to be "the system". It's pretty clear that everything to do with
new initiatives has to be approached from first principles, which inevitably
causes delay and confusion. I'm sure that, if they can get over this first
hurdle, that things should improve in the long term not just for people with

 I expected a bureaucratic approach when I first wrote to the PCT and have been
pleasantly surprised so far, even if it has taken over 3 months with no formal
reply. Fingers crossed that I can still say this when I eventually get something
in writing.

Message date : Sep 05 2003, 04:48 PM