Re: [IPk] Now a school problem!!

Hi Kayleigh,

 This doesn't sound right. It might cause more hassle, but what about asking the
basis for their statement that they can't do anything legally?

 Sam takes a packed lunch and we add up everything in it, writing the total
bolus on a card that goes in his lunchbox. All that the school need to do is
make sure that he (a) eats everything and (b) does the bolus. If problems arise
(very rarely) they phone us.

 Hope this helps. Our school are very supportive and really are an example for
others. Sam starts swimming with school next week and I was asked this afternoon
to pop in and see the head to discuss this. We thought that swimming would not
be an issue, since Sam recently upgraded to the waterproof Paradigm pump.
However, Medtronic have just announced that the Paradigm is no longer classified
as waterproof following some recent problems (our recent pump failure appears to
have been one of these). That's another discussion subject, but I don't feel
like going into that at the moment (: Now Sam will have to disconnect for
swimming, but his teacher will look after the pump while he does this.

Have a good weekend.

Father of Sam, aged 9
dx 7 years, pumping 2 years

Message date : Sep 05 2003, 05:22 PM