[IPk] Pleased with Danielle's School

Hello everyone

I had quite a bit of trouble in the past with Danielle's school not carrying
out the simplest of tasks and it left me so worried that I was going to remove
her from the school.  As I did so much moaning about it, I felt it was time
to congratulate them on how well they are now doing.  It definitely has
 everything to do with class teacher and their eagerness to get involved. This
teacher had a meeting with me last night and he was obviously extremely
 interested in the condition as well as how much he could ensure Danielle's
in the school.  He has taken the responsibility away from the teacher who has
knowledge of First Aid (who has been doing everything with Danielle last year)
and he thinks it is much better if Danielle simply goes to his desk before
her lunch and before PE/Games.  He keeps glucose tablets in his pocket for her
and he had a chat with the whole class today about diabetes.  He then asked
 Danielle to demonstrate her blood testing machine and to show her pump and what
it actually does for her.  He rang me at lunch time today to tell me her blood
result and to let me know that they would be doing games outside this

I am very very pleased to say the least.  This has taken a long time to come
but at last I can relax in the knowledge that her teacher has got his wits
about him!

It takes a lot of perseverence in some schools, but you must try and try
 until you are satisfied that you feel safe to leave your child at school all

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002