[IPk] Re: How many tests per day?

email @ redacted writes:

> started to explain re the pump and a need to test more frequently, but
> gave up and thought "what's the point!".  He said to get my diabetologist to
> write to him if he thought I needed to test more frequently, which I will
> do.  However, in the meantime I'm curious - how many times do other pumpers
> test on average per day?

Hello Nick

I test Danielle's blood sugar before breakfast, mid-morning, before lunch,
mid-afternoon, before evening meal, before bed and during the night.  I test
 more than this when she is very high and it needs correcting. I test her as
as you do really.  The odd day may go by when she is busy playing and eating
and bolusing and there might be just 4 tests per day.

Mum to Danielle aged 9, pumping since Nov 2002