RE: [IPk] How many tests a day

 My daughter Sasha is 9 and on MDI, I would reckon that she tests about 7 times
a day. No one has said
 anything about test strips yet!!!!!!!!!! my GP is very supportive, but I know
other Drs in the practice
 would not prescribe me enough. Here in Gloucestershire they are trying to stop
meters and strips being
 given to people with type 2 diabetes, unless they are on insulin and then they
are supposed to test only
 twice a week!!!! They say its unecessary and that no one "acts on the results".
I am worried that it
 may lead to strips for type 1 being rationed. Also in my expirence of people
with type 2 diabetes they do
 use the results to change thei My consultant questions the amount of tests we
do a day but we cannot
 keep levels reasonable unless we do. Sasha has no hypo awareness when asleep so
we have to test during
the night.