Re: [IPk] question

abi wrote:

<how could the capillary blood  glucose be much higher in the forearm <than
<the finger ????. Would this happenn in a person without D or is it <related
<insulin being administered subcutaneously. There's proabaley a <perectly
<explanation but I can't get my head around it

The simple explanation is that it takes longer for the bg to change in the
forearm than the finger, partly because the blood flow is quicker in the
As a result,  the glucose from the food that you have eaten is absorbed from
the gut into the blood system and it simply takes longer for this glucose to
reach the forearm than the fingers. This is the reason why it is often
recommended to give your forearm a good rub to get the circulation going
testing it.