[IPk] Fiona : finger vs forearm tests

on the one touch ultra which I have ( has an attachment to go on the finger
lancing device and instructions re forearm testing) it advises not using
forearms when BG may be changing rapidly., hypos are suspected etc. I'm a bit
confused myself as to the reason behind this, and recently there was a
discussion about metres being inaccurrate within 2 hours of a meal (?
spuriously high). Ive not yet got round to exerimenting with the forearm
thingy : decided better the devil I know although finger tips sometimes get a
bit worse for wear.
I met a bald guy who used to lance his forehead to get a drop of blood (
fingers got sore after umpteen years of doing this).He swore by this site