[IPk] John- advances in diabetes care

Surely the pump and home monitoring are the things which make diabetes
liveable, and make a huge difference even over MDI with analogues. I would
call these huge advances
But I agree, as you say diabetes is still a bugger, We can live a more or less
entirely normal life and hopefully be far less at risk of compliactions but at
the end of the day relying on exogenous insulin rather than having a fully
functioning pancreas alwys leaves us open to problems, and when I/m having a
bad day I curse the fact that a " cure " if you can call an Islet transpalnt
this, is not widely available