Re: [IPk] Re: HbA1c (HRT), and superbug

>I do only because my brother (also type
>1 diabetic) was one of the unfortunate people to catch it, though after
>24 hours during which they did not know if he would survive, he came
>through without losing more than a bit of tissue on his abdomen and
>thigh. It developed at sites that he had used for injections - very
>scary - particularly since he is someone who is scrupulously careful
>about hygiene.

Thinking sideways... is it possible that after years of partially cleaning
the skin with alcohol, the skins natural bug-fighting defenses become
impaired? Afterall, skin is designed to be scratched and cut and to

Good news on the tumour front, btw: I have been given a provisional clean
bill of health at least. After 2 days of scanning and poking and prodding,
no tumour regrowth has been found. This is one day before the first
anniversary of my close scrape with death 12 months ago.
http://www.webshowcase.net/nealefamily/screen3_43.html I've been put back
on a chemotherapy course for a third time, but this only as a precaution.
I'm booked back in for an out-patient appointment in Dec.

mailto:email @ redacted