Re: [IPk] Carbs for Rice

Hi Trisha

 From what I've heard and read, different people have different reactions
to rice. My carb counting book tells me that one cup (250g) of plain boiled
white rice has 43g CHO, but if I bolus for 3 exchanges in line with that, I
too go hypo. I have found that *for me*, a bolus equivalent to about 2.5
exchanges usually works (depending on what else I am eating with the rice).
Unlike many here, I do not seem to have the very slow carb release that
rice and pasta are meant to bring, so a standard bolus works fine for me.
You may need to do a dual or square bolus over 30-90 minutes to make it
work. Experimentation seems to be the way to go with tricky things like this!