Re: [IPk] neuropathy

Hi Paul , I was also diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy at least 25 years
ago. Maybe I have been lucky but apart from some numbness, I do still have
some sensation in my feet. They can get hot and uncomfortable, sometimes
feeling as though they are on fire even now, or to the contrary  feeling ice
block cold which I would feel is more worrying so I try to protect them. I
can remember being woken at night with searing pain  and having to plunge my
feet into a bucket of cold water when first diagnosed .fortunately, that
phase only laste a few months.
At that time the treatment was anticonvulsants but I was afraid to take them
instead just taking vitamin b complex and now take evening primrose as well.
There is an article this month on the Lifescan site about peripheral
neuropathy which you might find helpful but not necessarily telling you
something you don't already know. It seems to be high bgs that are the
culprit and your hba1c is certainly not an indicator of that Have you
checked your overnight bgs -just a thought Carmel.