RE: [IPk] Re: Gymnastics & blood sugar

Hi Pat

I have some ideas to be going on with now.  I must say though I have no idea
where you can get diluted insulin from.  I cant imagine the clinic giving me
any either I had to twist arms to get Sasha off mixed insulin and then when
I stopped using mixtard in the morning and gave separate injections of
Novorapid and Insultatard that didn't go down well at all!!!  They were
desperately looking round to see what pre mix might work!! Anyway
fortunately Novomix 25 didn't come out for a few months after I has started
giving separate doses.  Sasha control is much better and working out what to
give is so much easier.  We don't have too much of a problem now we do have
a half unit pen but when we began we only had a pen that delivered in whole
units and that really was hard to work with bearing in mind that Sasha was a
very small 4 year old.

Sasha takes  about 25 total daily units and she weighs 25.5 kilos its
amazing that you only need 25 - 35 units a day.