RE: [IPk] Low blood sugars during exercise

Hi Melissa

Sasha's blood sugars are usually over 7mmol  just before gym, but then she
will have eaten and had her Novorapid  just an hour before.  Half an hour
before gym she had a 17 carb Aero bar.  This all worked fine before, when
she had the insulin and meal later, it's just now she has "moved up" classes
and goes to gym an hour later,  it means that she is injecting BEFORE she
goes.  So although we have always been able manage before with these BG and
extra carb now the class is at a different time its not working.   I am not
sure whether to give less insulin as I don't think that giving her more to
eat would help as she still has her dinner digesting.  I think the only way
I can do it is too give a 2 thirds of her normal insulin and give the rest
when she comes back home.  We always check every night anyway at about
2.30 - 3.00am  as Sasha has never had any hypo awareness at night.

It seems not to matter where she has the injection either, whether its in a
limb or backside.