Re: [IPk] lack of pump knowledge

In message <003e01c266aa$abfc3020$email @ redacted>, Abigail King
<email @ redacted> writes
>There was a graph demonstrating nocturnal insulin levels with
>NPH/ glargine and CSII.
But surely there is no such thing as a single or typical nocturnal
insulin level with CSII - that's the whole point!

Did he show a nearly-flat line for NHP, a perfectly flat level for
glargine, and a wavy one for CSII!  Demonstrating, thereby, that pumps
are Bad Things.

Mind you, only four years ago I was advised that I should look into pre-
mixed insulins, as they were so much better than this MDI stuff.  If MDI
with glargine gets some people off pre-mixes, then it has some good

With best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, hoping never have to go into hospital overnight again -
I'm convinved there will be a death.  Not necessarily mine.)
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)