RE: [IPk] Charlie Dalton

Hi Barbara

For the last 3 weeks before I started pumping, I found I could avoid night
hypos, and the need for a bedtime snack, and achieve good morning BGs, by
leaving out the Humulin I/Monotard/Insulatard etc altogether, and having an
equivalent amount of Actrapid at about 4 or 5 am.  This wasn't difficult as I
usually have a glass of water before bed, and wake up about that time to go to
the loo.

It seemed to work for me, but everyone's body deals with Actrapid differently,
but it might be worth discussing this option with your diabetes care team.

IDDM 34 years, D-Tron 4 days