[IPk] Low blood sugars during exercise

I wonder if anyone could make some suggestions that might  help in this
situation.  My daughter 8 years goes to a gymnastics club on a Friday night
her age group goes at 6.30 to 7.30 pm so she eats her evening meal before we
go at about  5.30 pm  as it's too late by the time we get back to have her
evening meal.  We give her the normal amount of insulin to cover the meal
( usually 3 units of Novorapid)  and a chocolate bar about half an hour
before we go.  The last three times she has gone quite low during Gym 2.5
mmols and had to stop and have glucose tabs etc.  I am not sure what to do.
It's going to be so late by the time she comes home from Gym to cook and eat
the evening meal as we don't get back home until 8pm.  I am just wondering
if I give her less insulin with her meal whether she will go high later.
Any Ideas??? about handling this situation.  Like giving less insulin for
the evening meal then giving another unit with her evening snack when she
get home? Or giving Actrapid instead of Novorapid.  We haven't come across
this situation before as most of the sports things were much earlier and she
always ate  and took the insulin afterwards.

Sasha is not a pumper.

Insulatard x2
Novorapid x 2
Jackie Jacombs