RE: [IPk] RE: Rheumatoid Arthritis medication

Hi Jackie

They haven't even X-rayed the joints to see what they look
like now!  I think they are happy that with the injections
the symptoms are so minor (you wouldn't even go to your GP
about them - a little stiffness in my fingers in the morning,
base of my toes sometimes feel bruised when walking on
concrete in thin soled shoes etc).  The race is Sunday by the
way, at 1 pm so think of me then for the next 2 1/2 hours!!
yes the injected steroids send the blood sugars up.  I
usually have to increase basals by 2 units an hour but it is
only for the first 24 hrs.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader