Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #214

>I am sure your sugar levels will sort themselves out eventually.  I think
>stress and adrenaline have the same sort of effect.

The great thing about pumping is that you don't have to wait for stuff
to 'sort itself out' - you just adjust your basals and perhaps the bolus

I'm feeling rather pleased that despite having an injury which meant I
had to lay down for a week, and then move slowly for many more, put me
in a great deal of pain ... I got the best every hba1c ever.  My daily
insulin totals went from their normal 25 - 35, to well over 50.

Of course, something similar _is_ possible on MDI, but who has ever
doubled their long-acting insulin?  It hangs around in the body so long,
it's dangerous.  With a pump, as soon as you see the bgs dropping, you
simply drop the basal.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+,
Pat Reynolds