[IPk] Charlie Dalton

from Barbara, mother of Charlie aged 10 who has been recommended a pump by his
consultant at Kings' College Hospital.

I avidly read all your messages daily to get more info on what we are about to
embark. However, I am beginning to feel rather scared - so many of your
messages seem to be about problems with equipment, support and the uninformed
views of so called professionals. Having received so much positive personal
encouragement form members of the site, I am now wondering if we are embarking
on the right track. Charlie boards at school and the two nurses and Head are
wholly supportive of  Charlie's decision to try a pump. He knows he will be
healthier and not end up in A&E so often and is feeling very positive about
the whole thing. It's just me panicking!!

Another thing, Charlie seems unable to keep stable BMs. He is usually anything
between 18 and 30 during the day but has frequent night hypos despite eating
cereal etc on going to bed. Any advice? His diet is good, he loves food and
the school monitor how much he eats every day. No problems there. But despite
changing insulin's, amounts etc we are unable to keep to a happy medium. Is
this very unusual? Could it be the stress of a 'high-profile' chorister life
that affects everything? I feel so ignorant.